Thursday, April 22, 2010

5 Years Down, An Eternity Left to Savor

You're my first thought every morning

My last thought every night

And all day long I'm praying

Fervent Prayers that you 'll be all right.

It hurts so much to be apart

On this our Special day

Five years to celebrate

But, with you so far away

Yet, I promised God I wouldn't complain

If He'd just keep you in His care

And bring you safely back to me

Even if it takes a year

Tonight I'll dine alone again

With only warm memories to hold me

I'll remember all the good times

When your strong arms did enfold me

Please know that you are first with me

And...tho' you I sorely miss,

There'll be a smile upon my face

Remembering our first kiss

A million kisses later, I'm still thanking God for you

My soldier, so brave, handsome and true

You are the husband that I prayed for

My hero & my best friend, I'd wait a lifetime for you

When you come back home we'll celebrate

Like there's no tomorrow

There'll be only room for smiles & cheers

No more tears or any sorrow

I can't wait to see your smile

As you get off the plane

I know that it will erase

Any prior gloom or pain

I'll be setting the table for two, my love

And waiting patiently, faithfully

To celebrate your homecoming

And all the years to be!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARK!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the poem. It is poignant and powerful. Thanks so much for sharing. And Happy Anniversary!!!
Teresa

Recksieks said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing that Poem!