Wednesday, November 11, 2009

VETERNS DAY 2009
On this Veterns day I would like to express my gratitude to my dear husband who is a true example of sacrifice. Let me put it this way....Mark is serving his second deployment in 4 years. During his time of service overseas he has missed the following....Two grandfathers funerals, one siblings wedding and three cousins weddings, missionary homecoming of a sibbling he hadn't seen in 2 1/2 years, the birth of his first son, and many memories of his three beautiful children.
This time around the only words Hailee knew when Mark left were "Mommy" and "Daddy". For those of you who have seen her lately, she has a two and three word sentence vocabulary. I am overwhelmed with a sense of love and gratitued for my Husband who has given all this up (and then some) all for the good cause of our country.
This Veterns day, lets Honor ALL Soldiers, Veterns, and their families by being outstanding American Citizens and staying true to the core beliefs our Four-Fathers founded this country on. "IN GOD WE TRUST"

2 comments:

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

What a great post Michelle. It almost made me cry. I hope your husband stays safe. I'm sure he will. He is doing so many great things! Love ya!

Carolynn said...

I have been thinking about you lots lately. You are amazing. I am so thankful for both you and Mark for sacrificing for our country. Thank you! PS. We need to plan a get together. :)