Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Enjoying The Moment
I took this quote off my friend (Amanda's) blog. It was something that I really need in my life right now and wanted to post it as a constant reminder.

I love this quote...What can young mothers do to reduce the pressure of raising young children and enjoy their families more? Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction. Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: 'The biggest mistake I made as a parent is the one that most of us make. I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my three children sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less"M. Russell Ballard

2 comments:

Diana said...

Thanks for the simple yet profound reminder:) I always love reading your post - they are so uplifting. I've never seen the blogfrog - I am going to have to check that out.

Tiffany said...

I hard to enjoy the moment when you have little kids sometimes. Things can get pretty hectic! Thanks for the reminder!